To enable therapists to truly understand and help their clients by developing a rich theoretical understanding of complex dynamics, and to respond with accurate and skillful clinical engagement that leads to lasting client change. This training provides up to 24 CEUs.
- A solid theory to guide your clinical work
- The ability to understand your clients in far more depth
- The ability to weave assessment throughout your work with clients
- Practiced clinical skills and interventions to help clients make lasting change
- You will know when to use specific clinical interventions
- A group of likeminded peers who will become a support for you
Who is this for?
This is for those younger in their development, or newer to this orientation of working with clients. PLPC, LCSW and LPC will all benefit significantly.
This is a monthly online group for clinicians who want to solidify and expand their theoretical understanding with likeminded therapists, and learn how to intervene clinically through live case-study. The instructor will give specific direction and case-consultation, whilst also facilitating the learning and involvement of peer-learning. These will be the clinical skills that underpin your work with every client, you will use every day, and with all types of clients!
Theoretical orientation: The group will explore a coherent and practical integrative theory of psychodynamics (how we respond, process and relate), attachment, interpersonal process, and emotional-experiential therapy.
The group meets once a month for a year, has reading/study between groups, and all members will present a recorded case-study at least once. Current learning will be applied to case studies and therapists are encouraged to openly dialogue about challenges in the learning and application process. The instructor will also provide case-study and examples. Interpersonal dynamics of the therapist may arise in their work with clients and may be addressed in the group to the degree that the participants are willing.
Those who need CEUs can collect 24 CEUs for total participation.
Prior reading/study. Usually one or two chapters from substantial sources in the field will constitute core-reading, and supplemental journal articles and resources will also be made available. All resources will be provided.
Online Group Time. The group will meet for two hours, and be capped at 8 members. The first hour will include processing of learning and short didactic elements. The second hour will include case-study and application of learning.
Consultations. Further consultation and discussion can be scheduled with the instructor if desired and will happen outside of group times.
Each group session will cost just $45. The cost is kept minimal to facilitate participation. If you pay in full before the beginning of the group, you get almost 2 free groups (!) pay just $470, otherwise payments will be taken quarterly at $135. (Early sign up—before May 2nd—will receive $5 discount per group for the whole duration, saving $60, quarterly $120).
SIGN UP TODAY
To sign up, email Paul Loosemore @ email@example.com, or call 314.484.6568 (please leave a message if you don’t get through) to express your interest.
You will receive follow up information and all the access details you’ll need once you are signed up.
Dates & Times
Groups will meet on Wednesday mornings 8:30-10:30am CST.
Jun 5th, Jul 3rd, Aug 7th, Sept 4th, Oct 2nd, Nov 6th, Dec 4th, Jan 8th, Feb 5th, Mar 4th, Apr 1st, May 6th.
Outline of Topics/Monthly Focus (may change dependent on group needs)
- Establishing a framework to think about clients
- Attachment, schema, and relationships
- Assessment that actually helps you do therapy
- Self-insight and growing awareness
- How to focus clients on meaningful work and keep them focused
- Using the feelings and relationship between us to heal
- Trauma informed practice and intervention
- Processing with the body and experience
- Using meaning and values effectively
- Generating change motivation
- Case formulation and treatment planning (learning this when you know how to work with people first makes it seem much simpler!)
- Summary of learning and integration
A Personal Note from the Instructor
I am excited to journey with you over the next year! This group is a wonderful way to actively shape your own clinical work without having to figure it out all alone. The group will be heavily involved as we learn and wrestle together. You will bring unique perspectives, skillsets, and a welcomed voice.